This salsa is discussed in this post: Making Salsa using Canned Tomatoes
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) of canned tomatoes.
- 2 cans (7.5 ounces each) of tomato paste.
- 1 Red Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 Green Peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 tsp coarse pickling salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 to 1 tsp Cayenne pepper.
Mix all ingredients together in a large saucepan. Stir often and heat mixture to boiling. Boil slowly, uncovered for 1 1/2 hours or until the mixture has thickened. Pour into hot sterilized pint jars leaving 1/4 inch of head space. Place sterile metal lids on jars and screw on metal bands. Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes. Makes about 4 pints.